Service Wing Activities in Australia
Service to Man is Service to God. Man is not merely a human body, he is an embodiment of the divine. All acts of service done are treated as service rendered unto God. Sathya Sai Baba’s sayings are Love All – Serve All, Help Ever – Hurt Never.
Sathya Sai Baba has established His Organisation for the express purpose of giving devotees, in fact, everyone, opportunity to do selfless service. The fruits of selfless service are eradication of the ego, selfless love, and realisation of the inherent divinity within. No other spiritual activity provides these spiritual leaps and bounds other than service to the needy.
Service activity in Australia includes, among others:-
- Organising Soup Kitchens
- Helping Elderly and Youth
- Blood Donation
- Visiting Hospitals, writing letters for patients
- Distribution of Food
- Preparation of Hygiene Kits
- Survival Packs for Homeless Youths
- Flood, Earthquake and other disaster relief
- Singing in Nursing Homes
- Homework assistance after School
- Tuition in Cookery, Home Economics, Hygiene, Computer Basics
- Distribution of Blankets in winter
- Distribution of Christmas hampers
- Preparation of Birthing Kits
- Medical and Dental Camps
- Ayurvedic and Pre Natal Clinics
Sathya Sai Baba has answered devotees questions on selfless service. You may download these Questions and Answers, and read at your leisure.
The Sathya Sai Organisation of Australia has a service wing at every Sai Group and Sai Centre. Every Sai Centre has a service coordinator and service activities are organised for the members to participate.
Service Projects of the Sathya Sai Organisation
The Sathya Sai School in Murwillumbah, on the North Coast of NSW, is the national service activity. You may visit the Sathya Sai School Website.
The Sai Medical Unit regularly conducts Medical Camps, Dental Camps, Prenatal Classes, Ayurvedic Awareness sessions, and First Aid Classes. The Sai Medical Unit also provides medical treatment overseas, for example, in Fiji and India.
The NSW Youth and the Service Wing of the Sathya Sai Organisation in NSW have undertaken several medical camps, and a fresh-drinking-water project for the Aboriginal Community at Toomelah, in Far North NSW.
- Project reSAIcle
- HEALTHY AGING WORKSHOP – ACT
- FIJI SAI MEDICAL CAMP – AUGUST 2017
- Christmas Celebration – ACT Region
- Victorian Region’s Plenty Residential Services Activity
- Report on the 10th Annual Fiji Medical Camp – 14 to 19 August 2016
- Giving with Love – A Service Project by ACT Region
- Service – Education Retreat, Murwillumbah
- Project eye Sai T – Blacktown, NSW
- South Australia: Tree Planting Service
- New South Wales: Guru Poornima Service Fact Sheet
- Victoria Region East Tree Planting Service
- Victoria: National Tree Planting Day 2016
- ACT Region: Birthing Kits Service
- Canberra – Guru Poornima
- New South Wales: Guru Poornima service activities
- NSW Region East: Project Recycle
- Sathya Sai School – Working Bee in April
- Sathya Sai BUSHCARE Session – Cooke Park
- Earth Hour 2016
- ACT: Healthy Ageing – Geriatric Workshop
- Clean Up Australia Day – ACT
- Clean Up Australia Day – NSW Region West
- Clean Up Australia – Victoria Region East
- Clean Up Australia – Victoria Region West
- New South Wales Regions East and West – 2016 SSE Teachers Refresher Day
- Visit to the Sathya Sai School
- Working Bee at Sathya Sai School