Young Adult programs are being established to encourage young adults to lead purposeful lives by learning and practising spiritual values as defined and established by the life, message, and works of Sathya Sai Baba. Young Adult programs are intended to enhance, not interfere with, harmony and understanding in family relationships and within the Sai Organisation. The programs provide forums for Young Adults of like mind to meet and to discuss issues in leading spiritual lives in today’s world.
Sathya Sai Baba says,
“A mind turned inwards towards an inner vision of God and speech and actions turned towards outer vision, both will promote spiritual strength and success.”
Sai Young Adults
Vision Statement and Goals ~ 2015 – 2017
From inception in the late 1980’s the Sai Young Adults have been blessed with the sacred task of nurturing young men and women of character and instilling in them the confidence to lead a spiritually inspired life that creates a positive impact in the society around them. Over the years Sai Young Adults have provided a valuable forum for youth to come together and channel their energies to encourage both personal and spiritual growth.
In recent years we have witnessed the youth of Sai Young Adults grow in a number of ways; in their strength of character, in their dedication and commitment to Sai Young Adults, the expansion of the service activities undertaken within the Organisation, and looking inwards to understand the purpose of their spiritual journeys.
As we open the next chapter, we hope to see Sai Young Adults take a journey that will see the youth enhance their love for Swami, find value in spirituality, unite as pilgrims on the spiritual path, develop their character and strengthen their leadership skills as future leaders of the Sai Organisation. We will seek to achieve this in an atmosphere that is welcoming and inclusive, and where the youth have confidence to explore the depths of spirituality. Swami has declared in perfect words:
“Where there is confidence there is love,
where there is love, there is peace.
”We are confident that SYA will continue to grow in love, confidence and unity over the coming years, with Swami guiding us every step of the way.
We cannot express enough gratitude to Swami for this opportunity to work together with SYA; to continue to walk on this journey with you and do all that we can in fulfilling His Mission. We trust that it will be an inspiring, eventful and humbling journey and we look forward to working with everyone!
To inspire the Sai Youth of Australia to lead purposeful & value-based lives, unite to become exemplars in society through the practice of Swami’s teachings,and realise their inner divinity.
To achieve this vision, we have identified the following key goals:
1. To facilitate personal transformation of the youth through the keeping of good company, sustained personal sadhana, and developing an in-depth understanding of Swami’s teachings.
2. Promote unity within the Sai Youth of Australia (SYA) and with the wider Sathya Sai International Organisation of Australia (SSIO); seeing an increased engagement in SYA and SSIO events.
3. To create age-appropriate programs which engage and address the needs of the wide demographic of youth within SYA.
4. Build the capability of SYA in delivering service projects with greater reach into the Australian community.
5. Ensure that new and existing SYA programs are relevant, sustainable, and have an underlying focus on awakening in youth their inner divinity.
KEY PROGRAMS TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN 2015-2017
Throughout 2015 to 2017, we intend to design and implement various programs, initiatives and events addressed at achieving the above goals. In addition, SYA has the following key programs and events to look forward to in the coming years:
1. An International Spiritual Discipline Plan to be launched in 2015 in the lead up to the 2016 International Youth Festival.
2. SYA Parthi Pilgrimage for the International Youth Festival in 2016.
3. A National program to support regular reading of Sai literature.
4. Further implementation of the SYA National Model.
5. National Youth Retreat in 2017.
6. Serve the Planet 2015 initiative.
“Each member of the Sathya Sai Baba Centre should work very hard to purify the quality of his life, and the goal should be to lead a perfect life, an ideal life; to be an ideal exemplar of the divine teachings of Sathya Sai Baba.
The world will respond to the ideal life of a Sai devotee. The world is yearning for the ideal life and will, of its own accord,adopt such a life if it comes into view. They will respond, and they will follow such a life.” ~ Conversations with Sri Sathya Sai Baba, p.130, ff
News and Activities
You may read more about the activities of the Sai Young Adults below:
- NSW East Region Young Adults Service Activity
- NSW Region East Young Adults Meeting and Service
- Avatar Declaration Day Service Projects
- My Sai and I – ACT
- My Sai and I — Canberra, ACT
- Liquid Love – Blood Donation Drive Report
- Liquid Love – Blood Donation Drive Extended
- Liquid Love – Blood Donation Drive. Point Down to 24 April 2017
- My Sai and I – ACT
- Christmas Celebrations – 2016
- Liquid Love – Blood Donation Service
- World Peace Program 2016 – Glenwood, NSW
- My Sai and I – Canberra
- My Sai and I Session, Canberra
- Sathya Sai World Youth Festival – 2016
- Sathya Sai World Youth Festival Concludes
- Sathya Sai World Youth Festival: Day 2
- Sathya Sai World Youth Festival: Day 1
- Youth Graduate from the Second Sathya Sai International Youth Leadership Programme
- Programme by Youth from Australia
- Parthi 2016 Newsletter № 1
- New South Wales Region East – Youth Workshop
- ‘One Sai One World’ – A multilingual garland of devotional songs
- Parthi 2016 – Sai Young Adults Pilgrimage
- Sai Youth and the Sadhana of Love